I know all of us possess envy and insecurity in ourselves. I feel it when I see someone that looks like this.
Big hipped, slim, tall and beautiful…
I think it’s more than okay to confess your insecurities but at the same time it’s important to embrace YOURSELF for who you are and how unique you are.
It gets challenging for us women because society dictates that we should look good and desirable, but it doesn’t have to be all about that.
It’s quite factual to say that this has its roots from evolution. Females have been programmed by evolution to attract males in order to have a higher likelihood of reproduction, thus sustaining the species.
The negative part about this is some women end up disliking or hating other women, and feeling the need to always look better than the next girl.
But really, we have similar body goals, hormonal surges, pains and emotions.
I’m quite certain that if I were to get a chance to talk with most women, they will likely agree with me, feel the same and understand what I’m talking about.
Of course, every woman is different and unique but I’m talking about the general consensus.
This just goes to show that instead of being spiteful with other women, it’s better to just console one another and be empathetic.
You can always enhance the desirable qualities that YOU HAVE that other women don’t, and of course you can always learn from one another so don’t let malice be a hindrance in developing wonderful conversations or friendships with other women. 🙂
I think I don’t have a bad shape.. I do have some curves here and there but I’m kind of lacking in the hip department. I’m a petite Asian and that explains the lack of bigger bones.
But luckily for us girls, there’s hope and…
different ways to get bigger hips
As you might already know, these things come into play when you hear bigger hips.
… but I’m gonna focus on the first two since these are the things that we can use to get wider hips.
You can’t change your bone structure especially if you’re past the phase of growing up, but you can build muscle which will help you get the curves that you want and give you strength and stamina!
This is from my personal experience.
I often hear people that I know tell me that I should get fatter… I’m petite and slim so I don’t listen to these people. They think that getting fatter will give you more curves and shape. That’s not the case for me as I accumulate fat or gas first in the belly area. So I think getting fatter will not help and actually hide my curves. ALSO, I don’t see fit people with bloated bellies. The fact is they’re still shapely even though they’re slim because it’s MUSCLE or their natural bone structure that make them curvy in the right places which I’m aiming for. I often hear this from people I know so I think it’s a widespread misconception.
Hip dips, also know as violin hips, are the indentations in women’s hips. They have less to do with weight and more to do with the body’s structure.
Hip dips are quite common and almost everybody have them. More people have more noticeable hip dips because they have less fat or muscle between the ilium and the top end of the femur bones. And if you have more fat on your upper thighs (saddle bags), your hip dips will become more pronounced.
Love handles are the deposits of excess fat at the side of your waistline.
Having bigger love handles even worsens the effect of hip dips. You can reduce your love handles and hip dips tho by doing cardio, weightlifting or HIIT workout but it’s hard to spot reduce them. You’re just bound to lose overall body fat if you do these exercises, but that just means that exercise will make you more fit and healthier.
The gluteal muscles become deactivated when you sit for long periods of time. It’s because they become underused and simply stop pulling their weight. It’s important to develop your gluteal muscles as you use them in most lower body activities such as running, walking, jumping and climbing stairs. You’ll move better if you have well-developed glutes. Of course besides improved function, there’s also the aesthetic that goes with developing your glutes!
Not a lot of people might know this but having a strong hip can greatly reduce your risk of knee injury. That is because your hips help with aligning your knees. They prevent your knees from going out of whack from sudden, unexpected movements such as changing your direction abruptly or being jostled in the train.
EXERCISES AND MOTIVATION
You can try doing a 30-day bigger hip challenge. This exercise will help you sweat a lot, and lose belly fat while increasing hip size. This will especially target the gluteus maximus, gluteus minimus and gluteus medius which are the main muscles of your buttocks. This will help build and firm up your glutes which provide shape to your hips and butt. So this will also ultimately lead to more shapely buttocks.
It all comes down to consistency, working out hard and determination as with any other exercise (or endeavor). Of course, if you’re really serious in looking or feeling better then you should consider this as a great opportunity because of the health benefits that you can derive from this as well.
Don’t worry you won’t be doing this the whole 30 days because you’ll be getting rest days to recoup your sore muscles which will mean that it’s working great!
Sticking to these targeted hip workouts will bring great results in 30 days.
It’s also important to note that your hip width is largely dependent on the size of your pelvic bones. If you naturally have a smaller pelvis, you’d really have to do this for more than a month to get to the hip size that you desire.
For you to dramatically widen your hips within 30 days, you would need to combine strength training and bodyweight exercises.
Strength training essentially helps you to become stronger. It involves losing weight while retaining the muscles you have. This has a much greater post-exercise oxygen consumption than aerobic exercises. This is also very important if you want to gradually increase your stamina to be able to last through the month. For this exercise, you will need 15 to 25-pound dumbbells for it to be more effective. You can start with lighter weights of course, if you are a beginner.
Bodyweight exercises is also strength training but without the use of free weights or machines as the person’s weight provides resistance against gravity. Examples are the push-up, pull-up and the sit-up.
3 MAIN EXERCISES OF THE 30-DAY BIGGER HIP CHALLENGE
The first two is strength training and the last one is a bodyweight exercise.
Make sure that when you engage in these exercises, you do them at a slower pace so that you can feel each movement and each muscle tense, and to avoid injury. Doing the first 2 exercises with weights will be more challenging, and will increase your hip width dramatically as well as your butt and quads. If you ever decide to abandon the weights, it’s ok but know that these won’t be as effective.
1. Side Lunge with dumbbell
This is one of the most effective exercises to increase hip width. You will need a solid dedication to pull off this one but the results will be more than worth it! 🙂
1. Stand straight with your feet about shoulder-width apart holding a pair of dumbbells together in front of you, palms facing in. Your chest should be out while maintaining the natural curvature of your back. This is the first position.
2. Facing forward throughout and maintaining an upright position as possible, take a big step out on one side and descend into a deep squat, keeping your trailing leg straight.
3. Push back up and bring your leg back to the first position, then repeat on the other side.
4. Complete the required number of repetitions listed on the chart.
2. Sumo Squat with dumbbell
Like the first one, this is an ante-upped version of the regular sumo squats.
1. With your back straight and neutral, stand with your legs a little more than shoulder-width apart with legs facing out from your hips.
2. Hold a dumbbell on one end with both hands in front of you, elbows slightly bent and shoulders drawn back.
3. Slowly bend your knees and do a deep squat until your thighs are parallel to the ground.
4. Hold the position for one second and rise up slowly to the original position and repeat.
5. Complete the required number of repetitions listed on the chart.
1. Stand up straight with your left hand on the back of a chair or a high furniture. You can also do this by placing your hand on the wall.
2. Slowly raise your right leg as high and as straight as possible and slowly lower it down.
3. Repeat and complete the required number of repetitions listed on the chart. Make sure to do it on the other side.
OTHER GREAT HIP EXERCISES
Do each of these for 50 seconds to a minute per set and do a total of 3 sets. Rest for 15-20 seconds between each set.
1. Lateral Band Walk
This exercise targets your tensor fascia latae (TFL) and gluteus medius.
1. Place a resistance band above your knees so that you’ll activate said muscles more. Bend your body slightly on your hips and knees with your legs wide apart. Keep your back neutral and your core tight.
2. Do a steady side step on the right side with the right leg then follow with the left leg to bring your legs closer. Then repeat on the left side. Try to do the steps a little faster but steady.
2. Banded Reverse Walk
This will really burn the glutes which will help shape your hips.
1. The position is like the Lateral Band walk but instead of doing it sideways, you step the right leg to the back and follow with the left leg. Then return to the original position doing it one leg at a time.
2. Do this again with your left leg this time, and repeat the movements. Try to alternate between your legs so you balance out the workout on both hips.
3. Curtsy Lunge
This works all your gluteal muscles, hamstring and quad muscles but focuses more on your outer glutes to give you a rounder butt. You can carry a barbell bar above your shoulders to exercise your back and arm muscles as well and for added difficulty.
1. From standing, step your left leg far behind your right leg and bend both your knees at a 90 degree angle like you are curtsying. Make sure to align your ankle and knee.
2. The key to doing a curtsy lunge is to push yourself up using your front heel or foot to help engage your hamstring and glutes more.
3. Do it on the other side and repeat.
4. Single Leg Hip Thrust
This works amazingly and you’ll definitely be sore in your glutes after this workout. This helps in strengthening your core and your bottom half. You will need a weight bench for this exercise.
1. Lean your back on the edge of the bench and sit on the floor. Put a dumbbell (optional) on top of your pelvic area that you’re comfortable with for added difficulty. Spread your arms on the bench.
2. Bring your left leg on top of your right leg and lift with your right leg until your body is parallel to the floor.
3. Lower your body slowly and in a controlled way without your butt touching the floor. Repeat.
4. Do this on the other side.
5. Reverse Leg Raise
1. Put your resistance band (optional) below your knees. Place the upper part of your body up to your pelvic region on the length of the bench facing down. Hold the bench for support.
2. Widen your feet so that they’re wider than your shoulders. Lift your legs together, and as they reach the top bring them closer to each other.
3. Slowly widen your legs while lowering them and repeat.
5. Side-Lying Clams
This activates your gluteus medius and your tensor fascia latae (TFL).
1. Put your resistance band on your thighs above your knees. Lie on your side, bend your elbow and support your head. Then, bend your knees slightly.
2. Open up your upper leg slowly while tensing your glutes. Repeat.
3. Do this on the other side.
6. Banded Fire Hydrants
You can use ankle weights or resistance bands but the latter burns more.
1. Put your resistance band above your knees, or ankle weights on your ankles. Put your hands and knees to the ground.
2. Lift one leg to the side as high as you can, then while maintaining bent knees kick sideways so that you engage your glutes more.
3. Lower your leg without touching the ground. Repeat.
4. Do this on the other side.
7. Side-Lying Hip Abduction
You’ll need a weight plate that you’re comfortable with.
1. Lie on your side, bend your elbow and support your head.
2. Put the weight plate on your lower hip. If you put the plate on your upper hip, you won’t feel that you’re working out your hip as much.
3. Lift your leg without bending your knee as high as you can while holding the plate, then lower your leg slowly without touching your other leg. Repeat.
4. Do this on the other side.
8. Hip Rotation on All Fours
This is the 2nd easiest exercise. You can put ankle weights for added difficulty.
1. Put your ankle weights on. Put your hands and knees to the ground.
2. Lift and rotate your right leg in the hip region by making forward circles at a 90 degree angle. Do this for a minute. Without stopping, perform backward circles on the same leg for another minute. Rest for 15 seconds.
3. Do this on the other side.
4. Do a total of 3 reps on each side.
9. Lateral Leg Raise
This is like the Lateral Lift but it’s easier because you’re gonna do it with a bended knee. This is the easiest exercise out of the bunch.
1. Stand up straight with your left hand against the wall or the back of the chair. Place your right hand on your right waist.
2. Raise your right leg at a 90 degree angle and in a faster and steady pace, and do 20 reps.
3. Do it on the other side, and do a total of 3 sets each side.
Protein is very essential in your workouts because it gets broken down to amino acids, the building blocks of protein, which are used for various functions such as muscle building.
Excellent Protein-rich sources are eggs, almonds, chicken breast, oats, cottage cheese, Greek yogurt, milk, chocolate milk, broccoli, lean beef, tuna, oysters, quinoa, whey protein supplements, lentils, Ezekiel bread, pumpkin seeds, turkey breast, fish, shrimp, brussels sprouts and peanuts.
You should eat the ones above if you’re really serious in building muscle. For the ladies, I’m not talking about bulking up or looking like Arnold Schwarzenegger although that might be a good look for guys. I’m talking about increasing your hip width and shape by building your hip muscles
You can also try these DELICIOUS HIGH-PROTEIN RECIPES which will encourage you to be consistent and get creative.
You can do away from the meat, and go with vegetarian cheese for healthier and animal friendly alternatives.
Bean Salad with Bacon and Chives
This is an amazing and easy recipe to adapt that boasts two forms of protein and a little else. You can use any white bean but silky, creamy cannellini beans taste best. White kidney beans have a nutty flavor and a smooth but firm texture, plus, they hold their shape well. You will certainly relish your eyes and mouth because of this healthy dish as it looks good as it tastes!
Prep time: Total time: 25 min.
– 6 slices of bacon
– 315.5-ounce cans cannellini beans, rinsed
– 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
– 3 tbsp. olive oil
– 3 tbsp. whole-grain mustard
– kosher salt and black pepper
– 3 tbsp. chopped fresh chives
1. Cook the bacon in a large frying pan over medium heat until crispy, about 12 to 15 minutes; crumble, cover, and set aside at room temperature.
2. Toss together the beans, vinegar, oil and mustard, and season with 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper.
3. Refrigerate for up to 8 hours. Top with chives and bacon before serving.
Slow-Cooker Squash Lasagna
Two kinds of cheese, ricotta and mozzarella, along with squash puree and baby spinach, give this meatless lasagna some heft. You load this lasagna in a slow cooker so that it doesn’t require a hot oven to be turned on for hours. This will bring out the flavors of this dish and save you electricity.
Prep Time: Total Time:
– two 10 to 12-ounce packages frozen winter squash puree, thawed
– 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
– 132-ounce container ricotta
– 15-ounce package baby spinach (6 cups)
– kosher salt and black pepper
– 12 lasagna noodles (about 3/4 of a 16-ounce box)
– 8 ounces mozzarella, grated (about 2 cups)
– green salad for serving
1. In a medium bowl, mix the squash and nutmeg. In a second bowl, combine the ricotta, spinach, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
2. In the bottom of a 5 to 6-quart slow cooker, spread 1/2 cup of the squash mixture. Top with 3 of the lasagna noodles (breaking to fit), half the remaining squash mixture, 3 lasagna noodles, and half the ricotta mixture; repeat, ending with the ricotta mixture. Sprinkle with the mozzarella.
3. Cook on low and cover until the noodles are tender, about 3 to 4 hours. Serve with a green salad if desired.
Spanish Omelet With Potatoes and Chorizo
This savory breakfast dish that’s protein-rich is made up of spicy sausage, red potatoes and Manchego cheese. You can also do a vegetarian version by omitting the chorizo sausage and substituting another vegetable like diced green and red bell peppers or sliced zucchini. Once you see how easy it is to cook this Spanish omelet, you’ll be enticed to put your own spin that is as delicious warm or at room temperature.
Prep Time: Total Time:
– 3 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
– 1 large yellow onion, chopped
– 2 ounces Spanish chorizo (cured sausage), sliced into thin half-moons
– 3/4 pound red potatoes, diced
– kosher salt and pepper
– 3/4 cup flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
– 10 large eggs, beaten
– 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Manchego or sharp Cheddar
– 1 small head green leaf lettuce
– 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
1. Heat oven to 400 °F. Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large ovenproof frying pan over medium heat. Add the yellow onion and cook for 5 minutes.
2. Add the chorizo, potatoes, and 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper and cook, covered, stirring occasionally until the potatoes are tender, about 10 minutes.
3. Stir in the parsley. Pour in the eggs and stir to distribute the ingredients. Sprinkle with the cheese and transfer to oven.
4. Bake the omelet until puffed and brown around the edges and a knife comes out clean, about 15 minutes.
5. Divide the lettuce and red onion among plates and drizzle with the remaining oil. Cut the omelet into wedges and serve with the salad.
Pesto Pasta With Green Beans and Potatoes
Filling, flavorful and quite easy to prepare, this dish has ingredients which even picky eaters will adore. You can try this with whole wheat pasta or sprinkle with nuts such as almonds or walnuts. Chopped broccoli or broccoli raab also go well with this dish as well as carrots for a little more color and additional nutrients.
Prep Time: Total Time:
– 11-pound box linguine or spaghetti
– 8 ounces Yukon gold potatoes (peeled if desired)
– 1 tbsp. kosher salt
– 10 ounces green beans, ends trimmed
– 1 cup pesto
– 1/4 cup (1 ounce) grated Parmesan
– 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted (optional)
1. Cut the potatoes into 1/2-inch pieces and cut the green beans into 1-inch pieces.
2. Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Drain.
3. In the meantime, place the potatoes and salt in a large saucepan. Add enough cold water to cover. Bring to a boil.
4. Reduce heat and simmer until the potatoes are almost but not quite tender, about 15 minutes.
5. Add the beans and cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Drain the potatoes and green beans in a colander. Let cool slightly.
6. Place the pasta in a large bowl and add the potatoes, green beans, pesto, Parmesan, and pine nuts (optional). Combine.
We’ve been rehashed over and over throughout our lives about the importance of eating a balanced diet but it can’t be farther away from the truth. Getting all the needed nutrients is of utmost importance if you want to achieve your dream body along with lifestyle. Limit eating processed foods and sweets and go for whole foods instead.
Staying slim is also crucial if you want to realize your hip goal, and get rid of unwanted fat that takes away your shape. People who eat more vegetables and fruits tend to gain less wait over time, so pile up on fresh veggies and fruits at mealtimes! And, choose water or unsweetened tea instead! 😀
I hope these will be of great help in your journey to achieving your dream hips! I’d be happy to know if you did following my recommendations. It depends on your effort and consistency in getting the RIGHT EXERCISES and the RIGHT DIET. PATIENCE is key, but no matter what the outcome is, you should look and enhance your qualities within. 🙂
Oh! And don’t forget to praise another girl!
Good luck! 😀
Thoughts, suggestions, questions or whatnot?? I welcome everything so feel free to leave any comments below if you find anything worth mentioning or worth talking about. I’d really appreciate it! Thanks!
Please share, like and bookmark my post if you liked my content! And do subscribe!
Also, please do check out my other posts for cool tips and info by clicking the link below or the top right widget, and do comment as well if you feel like sharing or adding something. 😀